17.Gilbert MJH, Farrell AP (Under Review). The thermal acclimation potential of maximum heart rate and cardiac heat tolerance in Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus), a northern cold-water specialist. Submitted to the Journal of Thermal Biology.
16. Harris LN, Swanson HK, Gilbert MJH, Malley BK, Fisk AT and Moore JS (2020). Anadromy and marine habitat use of lake trout (Salvelinus namaycush) from the central Canadian Arctic described using otolith microchemistry and acoustic telemetry. Journal of Fish Biology, In Press
15. Sutcliffe RL, Shaorong L, Gilbert MJH, Schulte PM, Miller-Saunders KM, Farrell AP. (2020) A rapid intrinsic heart rate resetting response with thermal acclimation in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Journal of Experimental Biology, In Press
14.Gilbert MJH, Harris LN, Malley BK, Schimnowski A, Moore JS, Farrell AP. (2020) The thermal limits of cardiorespiratory performance in anadromous Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus): A field-based investigation using a remote mobile laboratory. Conservation Physiology, In Press
13. Harris LN, Yurkowski DJ, Gilbert MJH , Else BGT, Duke PJ, Tallman RF, Fisk AT and Moore JS (2020) Depth and temperature preference of anadromous Arctic char Salvelinus alpinus in the Kitikmeot Sea, a shallow and low-salinity area of the Canadian Arctic. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 634, 175-197.
12. Zhang Y, Gilbert MJH, Farrell AP(2020) Advancing practices to better estimate maximum oxygen uptake in fishes. Journal of Fish Biology, In Press
11. Gilbert MJH, Faulder K*, Tierney KB (In revision) Extreme diurnal temperature variation induces a tissue- and species-specific heat shock response and plasma metabolome shift in an Arctic and temperate salmonid.
10. Zhang Y, Gilbert MJH, Farrell AP(2019) Finding the peak of dynamic oxygen uptake during fatiguing exercise in fish. Journal of Experimental Biology, doi:10.1242/jeb.196568
9. Gilbert MJH, Rani V*, McKenzie SM*, Farrell AP(2019)Autonomic cardiac regulation facilitates acute heat tolerance in rainbow trout: in situ and in vivo support. Journal of Experimental Biology. doi: 10.1242/jeb.194365
5. Gilbert MJH, Barbarich, J. M., Casselman, M., Kasurak, A. V., Higgs, D. M., & Tierney, K. B. (2016). The role of substrate holding in achieving critical swimming speeds: a case study using the invasive round goby (Neogobius melanostomus). Environmental Biology of Fishes, 99(10), 793-799.
4. Gilbert MJH, Donadt CR*, Swanson HK, Tierney KB (2016) Low annual fidelity and early upstream migration of anadromous Arctic Char (Salvelinus alpinus) in a variable environment. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society,145(5), 931-942
3. Berli BI, Gilbert MJH, Ralph AL, Tierney KB, Burkhardt-Holm P (2014) Acute exposure to a common suspended sediment affects the swimming performance and physiology of juvenile salmonids. Comp. Biochem. Phys. 176, 1-10
1. Gilbert MJH, Zerulla TC*, Tierney KB (2014) Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for the study of ageing and exercise: physical ability and trainability decrease with age. Experimental Gerontology 50,106-113.